Ever wonder how gym mirrors or mirrors for dance studios maintain their perfect finish? After years of polishing, the reflections remain as clear as ever. Unlike your home mirrors, a defect or poor clarity in these mirrors affects the performance of gymgoers and dancers. Moreover, they’ve got to handle any dints, knocks, or prangs that come with the hazards of exercise.
But are the mirrors in the gym different? And, if so, what kind of mirrors do gyms use? We’ll answer both of these questions in the article below.
Are Mirrors for Dance Studios or Gyms Different?
Yes! Mirrors for dance studios or gyms are often different from regular household mirrors. The main distinction is the size and safety features.
Dance studios, for example, require full-length, wall-to-wall mirrors to allow the dancers to see their whole body during practice. These mirrors are designed to be distortion-free, ensuring accurate, easy-to-see reflections. Gym mirrors, on the other hand, are also shatterproof or have safety backings to prevent injuries.
What Kind of Mirrors Do Gyms Use?
Gyms commonly use a large, frameless mirror called an ‘activity mirror.’ Unlike household mirrors, they’re made from tempered or laminated glass to ensure they’re resistant to impact and, if broken, will break into small, rounded pieces rather than larger, sharp shards.
Clarity is another crucial factor with gym mirrors. Preventing distorted reflections is key for exercises requiring precise body positioning, such as yoga, pilates, or deadlifts.
Installing these mirrors also isn’t easy – they’re often mounted using specialised hardware or adhesives that can handle the weight and size. Moreover, these mirrors usually come with a safety backing – a film applied to the back of a mirror, which prevents it from shattering into multiple pieces.
As all gymgoers know, accidents or equipment mishaps happen – the last thing a gym wants is a collapse with a barbell to turn into a glass-floor-covered nightmare.
Reasons to Hire a Mirror Installation Professional
Don’t make the mistake of fitting your home or commercial gym mirrors yourself – leave it to the professionals. Here’s why:
- Safety Assurance: Professionals understand the importance of secure installations to prevent potential injuries from falling or shattering mirrors.
- Expertise: Their experience guarantees level, correctly positioned mirrors tailored for dance or exercise visibility.
- Time Efficiency: They complete installations quickly and effectively, saving you hours of potential struggle.
- Appropriate Tools: Professionals possess specialised equipment for a seamless fit, negating any need for DIY improvisation.
- Customisation: Tailored solutions for specific spaces or unique requirements are often offered.
- Guaranteed Quality: Many offer warranties, ensuring long-lasting satisfaction.
To recap, gym mirrors or mirrors for dance studios are a special kind of mirror designed to maintain a perfect reflection and not shatter upon impact. If you’re planning a home or commercial gym renovation or updating your dance studio, hire a trusted mirror installation professional.
Gym Glass, Northern Ireland’s foremost gym specialist, uses the best materials and an expert team to deliver high-quality results. Book a consultation today to learn more about how we can help.